Is A Court of Silver Flames worthy of booktok?

 


A Court of Silver Flames

(worth the hype?)


Now we all know quarantine has not be the time to shine for me! There has
been one shining, glimmering hope in the distance however, and that comes in the form of the goddess herself Sarah J Maas and the loml Cassian and Azriel. When the long awaited Feb 16th finally arrived I was practically sitting by the door awaiting the postman. Sad i know. When it arrived i got to reading in the middle of my double maths lesson and didn't stop until i finished.

Now was i pleased with the sudden change in cover art? ABSOLUTELY NOT .  Frankly i found it quite upsetting!!! I don't know about you but the pride i take in my bookshelf is immense, so i wasn't hugely happy but i wasn't going to be deterred.

in so many ways I LOVED this book. The *steam* was intense and i felt the redemption arc of Nesta was amazing. She stayed the strong, powerful Nesta we know and love. The real decline for me was the decline i felt towards Elain. I'm not quite sure how Sarah will make me like her again!!

If, like me you are a lover of Azriel (😏); then this book does give a better insight into him and his sarcastic humour.  It set up the foundation for an Azriel book which i will be eagerly anticipating.  

A court of silver flames shows the deeper side to Cassian, that there is more to him than his carefree banter. i found this made me fall for him even more.

My one complaint would be the lack of Feyre and Rhys. As a huge Feysand stan i found that a lot was glossed over in this book and i would have preferred more on them. i also felt Rhys was portrayed as quite possessive and a bit of a pain.

Overall, i would say this book is without a doubt of booktok and is a must-read. Although it will infuriate you in parts, if you love the bat-boys then you must get your hands on A Court Of Silver Flames.





 

Comments

Popular Posts